What is the process?
- Upload a compatible file and then enter your email address.
- We will send you a link via email which will take you to the transcribed file in our dashboard
- Review and edit the file online. link
- Download to save the final result.
How long does Temi take? When will I get my file?
- Depends, but on average, around 5 minutes.
- Actual times vary based on the size and length of the file. As a good approximation, files are ready for you in about ¼ the length of the file. Example: a 10 minute file generally takes ~3 minutes.
- In rare cases, if there is an unexpected problem, we will address it within 1 business day.
What file types do you accept?
- Basically, any pure audio/video files.
- We accept audio and video recordings in MP3, MP4, WMV, AIF, M4A, MOV, AVI, VOB, AMR, WMA, OGG, and WAV.
- We do not currently accept physical media (tapes, CDs, SD cards, etc.) If you have a file in a format other than those listed here, please Contact Us
In what format(s) is the output returned to me?
Today, you can download MS Word documents (.docx) from Temi’s online tool. We are working on providing additional output formats, feel free to let us know what format is best for you.
Quality: How accurate is your speech recognition algorithm?
This question is difficult to answer because quality depends on many factors:
- Quality of the audio in the submitted file.
- Background noise
- Speaker accents and volume differences (~distance from the mic)
Who can access my data?
How do you keep my files secure?
- We store all data on secure Amazon servers with the latest updates.
- Links to your Temi online editor are sharable, but not indexed by search engines and obscured / non-discoverable by web scrapers or bots.
- We will never share your personal information with anyone outside of Temi.
- Your files are securely stored and transmitted using TLS 1.2 encryption, the highest level of security available.
Will my data be used by / sold to any external parties?
Temi Tool / Software Features
Questions about synchronization?
Does Temi synchronize the draft transcript with the media? Yes, Temi’s online editor remains synchronized to your draft as you edit. As you click around, the audio/video will jump to that exact moment of the word you are editing. Likewise, when you play the media, a yellow marker will track the word spoken at that moment.
Do you have timestamps?
- Yes. Temi has timestamps information for every spoken word it detects!
- In the Temi tool, select any word to see the time it is spoken, highlight to see when a segment starts and ends.
- All timestamps in the Temi tool are clickable to jump to the place in the media in which the phrase was spoken.
- We are working on improving the output format of timestamps.